The conference will be held at the Technical University of Dortmund in the computer science building at Otto-Hahn-Straße 12, 44227 Dortmund.
… by Car
The TU Dortmund is close to the interchange Dortmund West between the motorways A40 and A45. On A40 take exit 43 (Dortmund-Dorstfeld) and follow the road signs towards Universität. Turn left once and after you cross a traffic lighted junction turn left again into Otto-Hahn-Straße. There is a large car park on the right hand side.
… by Train
The TU Dortmund has a station for the suburban train S 1 (Dortmund Universität). This train commutes between Dortmund Hauptbahnhof and Solingen Hauptbahnhof in intervals of 20 minutes in the daytime. Usually, it is quickest to go to Dortmund Hauptbahnhof via intercity train and change there to the suburban train. From the local station you can either take one of the buses 445 or 462 towards Technologiezentrum or Revierpark to the next stop Meitnerweg, or you take a 15 minute walk to the computer science building. The route is signposted.
… by Plane
You can fly to Dortmund Airport (DTM) from various starting points including London, Munich, and Porto. From Dortmund Airport you can take the shutte bus BusAirEx to Dortmund Hauptbahnhof and proceed via the suburban train S 1 to Dortmund Universität. From there proceed as described in … by Train. Other airports in the region include (in increasing distance from Dortmund) Düsseldorf International, Kön/Bonn, Münster/Osnabrück, and Weeze (Niederrhein).
There a several possibilities for lunch in various distances from the computer science building:
- ISM Mensa: Cafeteria, 1 minute walking distance.
- Pizza Tec: Pizza and pasta, 6 minutes walking distance.
- Bistro Tec: Self-service restaurant, 6 minutes walking distance.
- Biskotto: Small self-service restaurant, 5 minutes walking distance.
- Mensa: 12 Minutes walking distance.
- Calla: Restaurant in the Mensa building, 12 Minutes walking distance.
- Vital: Restaurant in the Mensa building, 12 Minutes walking distance.
- Galerie: Cafeteria, burgers and snacks in the Mensa building, 12 Minutes walking distance.
- Food Fakultät: Pizza and pasta on the campus, 15 Minutes walking distance.
To get to the Mensa building or the Food Fakultät you may also take one of the buses 445 or 462 towards Barop to the station Universität S-Bahnhof. Alternatively you may also take the H-Bahn, the driverless passenger suspension railway system at TU Dortmund to the station Universität S-Bahnhof.